Thank you for your interest in working with us. Please check below for available job opportunities that meet your criteria and send your application by filling out the Job Application Form.
Technical Design Intern
The internship is in person (requiring 2-4 days a week but can be flexible) and for college credit. The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong interest in fashion and design and is able to adapt quickly. This role will support the Apparel Design Team for our Ready To Wear Apparel.
Brandon Blackwood NYC is committed to ensuring that its internships provide a valuable learning experience for all its interns.
What You'll Do:
- You will gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment and have the opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects supporting the Apparel Design team for our Ready to Wear Apparel
- Be involved in all processes from selecting materials to production and will get to know the New York and international fashion industry
- Ensure that designs are technically feasible and meet project requirements
- Gain knowledge of measuring, pattern making, draping
- Stay up-to-date with the Fashion industry business’s flow and trends and best practices in technical design
- Understanding the functions of internal departments and what they do during the business cycle
- Assist with measuring
- Data entry into technical database
- Assist with showroom organizing as needed
- Enthusiastic and results-oriented Fashion Design or Technical Student
- Has a fashion mindset with a strong interest in gaining experience in the fashion industry
- Garment measurement skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- A can-do attitude and desire to learn
- Great attention to detail
- Available 2-4 days a week (in-person)
- Must be able to receive school credit
Brandon Blackwood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.